Sunday 22 May 2016

CAST CASSIO

Sam Claflin *heart eyes*



My choice for Cassio is Sam Claflin. First of all hes gorgeous and his smile seems so inviting and warm which is perfect for a friendly Cassio. Claflin grew up in Norwich, Norfolk and is best known as his portrayal of Finnick from The Hunger Games film series. Claflin usually plays the attractive heart-breaker which is similar to the role of Cassio; roles such as Alex in Love, Rosie, Finnick in the Hunger Games and Alistair in The Riot Club support this. Sam Claflin is 29 however is younger than Iwan (my Iago) plus with some makeup Iago can be made to look older and Sam looks younger than his age in my opinion anyway. From my research, Claflin hasn't been in any professional stage productions however has done plenty of film and TV so he is experienced enough to pull of the character. Claflin is also British, fitting with the rest of my cast and definitely has qualities that would make Othello jealous of him and enforce his belief that Desdemona would cheat with him. Also, I think that Calflin could pull of the Florentine look as well as looking chivalrous.

No comments:

Post a Comment